Here you see one of the new drawings th the series Digital Human Beings, where I investigate the influence of the digital world on the analog human world and how we see things thee days. This drawing is still in progress. You see two versions, but still needs some work before it is finished. The title is already choosen.
The box and the letters are all made with a Mirywell 3D Pen in 2016 by Ruud Janssen, Breda, Netherlands.
Part of the Fluxus Words Project, see details on the blog:
This new IUOMA blog is now one year old. It isn’t like the other blogs that I keep. This one is hosted on the IUOMA.ORG domain itself and it the linking-pin to all the other informations. When you see the menu, you can access lots of other websites too, and also I have published all mail-interviews on this blog as well. That way this is the fastest growing Blog I keep now and actually the basis for the TAM-Archive and other collections.
When you are looking for specific things, there is a SEARCH button in the menu, where you can look for the specific articles. Als because this blog is a main DNS name, it is indexed quite well, and through Google and other search engines you can find the details easily. I watch the statistics through Google Analytics, and the new part of the website is found quite well now.
Ruud Janssen, June 1st 2016.
Go to Main Menu: http://iuoma.org/blog_new_2015/
Tried to test my LIX 3D pen today (May 28th 2016), but it wasn’t succesful. All I managed was to start the pen, see a strange green colour filament come out. Insert black filament that never came out………… Strange noises from the motor. So not a working pen at all.
1. Green filament came out when I started (what is done with the pen?). Seems it was used before.
2. Black ABS Fillament was inserted, but nothing came out. Motor made funny noises and when black filament was completely inside, nothing came out. The lenght of the Filament sticks is longer then the pen, so somethings went wrong for sure!
3. Getting out Fillament succeeded (pushing both buttons), but a piece was still inside, Also the filament stick was tormented, and the motor must have done that.
4. Retried loading it a few times (always with a clean stick of filament), but it doen t work.
5. One of the black buttons came off, and I was able to but it back in place, but it seems to jam now and then (fault construction)
6. After four attempts I gave up. I made a photo of the sticks as they are damaged after the attempt to insert them. Never something of the filament came out, so the extruder must be jamed, or have a fault construction. Anyhow, I wasn’t able to draw anything 3D.
What is the next step? Can they deliver a working pen? If I return this not-working pen, how do I know they are able to send me a working pen. So far I read about more people with the same experience. I have 3D pens from other brands that work fine for hours. Theirs didn’t yet do anything……. And the design if wonderfull, the feeling of holding the pen os good. The push buttons are not constructed right, and the main thing: it doesn’t work……….
(this is a public version of the message I sent to the LIX team. As you can read I am very dissapointed since I wasn’t able to work at all with this 3D pen. Will keep you informed on the next steps)
After waiting for 2 years for the LIX pen, today (May 21st 2016) it finally arrived. Just Like Spring arrived….. The LIX pen is a Kickstarter project where a firm designed a new 3D pen and after some troubles finally managed to produce it and started distributing the pen. I must say, it looks good, and it promisses to be a great tool. Soon I will be able to test it and show you the results. Also, when there are problems, I will tell you how it is. I have been working a lot with 3D pens, so will be able to compare. Here are some photos of the unpacking of the LIX pen…..
A new group that started on June 17th 2013. The old one will vanish, this one will live on. That happens also in the digital world.
The classic TAM was HERE video
The production of a copy of stickers. sample of Multimedia in production.
Some more new drawings got ready today. All conected to the digital human beings; how the digital world in influencing our way to see things and to react on things. I have published a large set from the complete series on my digital portfolio: