Tried to test my LIX 3D pen today (May 28th 2016), but it wasn’t succesful. All I managed was to start the pen, see a strange green colour filament come out. Insert black filament that never came out………… Strange noises from the motor. So not a working pen at all.
1. Green filament came out when I started (what is done with the pen?). Seems it was used before.
2. Black ABS Fillament was inserted, but nothing came out. Motor made funny noises and when black filament was completely inside, nothing came out. The lenght of the Filament sticks is longer then the pen, so somethings went wrong for sure!
3. Getting out Fillament succeeded (pushing both buttons), but a piece was still inside, Also the filament stick was tormented, and the motor must have done that.
4. Retried loading it a few times (always with a clean stick of filament), but it doesn t work.
5. One of the black buttons came off, and I was able to but it back in place, but it seems to jam now and then (fault construction)
6. After four attempts I gave up. I made a photo of the sticks as they are damaged after the attempt to insert them. Never something of the filament came out, so the extruder must be jamed, or have a fault construction. Anyhow, I wasn’t able to draw anything 3D.
What is the next step? Can they deliver a working pen? If I return this not-working pen, how do I know they are able to send me a working pen. So far I read about more people with the same experience. I have 3D pens from other brands that work fine for hours. Theirs didn’t yet do anything……. And the design if wonderfull, the feeling of holding the pen os good. The push buttons are not constructed right, and the main thing: it doesn’t work……….
(this is a public version of the message I sent to the LIX team. As you can read I am very dissapointed since I wasn’t able to work at all with this 3D pen. Will keep you informed on the next steps. See also some comments with latest details)